Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A long hiatus...and classroom food policy

Well people, I guess an apology is in order...sort of.  I haven't been blogging for MONTHS now, and I must say I do miss it a little bit. 

I am absolutely that person with a lot of unfinished projects, the ones that take longer than a day or two to complete....I am all about the quick projects, the immediate results sort of things.  Blogging is not one of those....so it had to take the back burner for awhile.  Not just from my losing interest, (though that certainly played a small part) but because I don't do so well with being accountable for things that don't really matter that much.  Also, I had ankle surgery at the beginning of summer, and am even now still recovering.  And my oldest child started kindergarten this year.  Let's see, what other excuses can I give you...?  I'm sure I can think of a few more....

Well, I am writing to let you know that I haven't given up completely, and I am beginning work on some more content, recipe testing and taking photos, etc.  It will take a little time, but you can start checking back soon for more posts.  I'm not making any promises, but know that I am dipping my toes back into the blogging world, and we will see what happens.

So as long as I have your attention, I thought I would share how pleased I am with my daughter's class policy on food/snacks in the classroom.  Due to her allergies/sensitivities, she has a special daily snack that I provide for her, some GF, EF, DF (gluten free, egg free, dairy free) pretzels.  The teacher labels the bag with her name, and knows that those are for her.  He didn't even bat an eye at that one, and he was the first to say he would label the bag.  Living in a big city, especially Seattle, I'm sure this was not the first or even the second child who had dietary restrictions in one of his classes.  The classroom also has a birthday treat/party policy.  They prefer healthy treats for classroom birthday celebrations, like fruit.  Wow, gotta love that!  I totally think that kids get enough (too much?) sugar, they don't need 25 extra cupcakes a year from classroom birthday parties.  Now if only my kid would eat some kind of fruit besides strawberries...

That's all for now, thanks for hanging in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment